Most United States citizens spend some time complaining about doing their taxes during their life. However, tax season isn’t all bad. The help of software has made filing for a tax return easy, and for most people, it rarely takes longer than an hour or two to complete the information on the 1040 form. Even people with complicated tax returns have extensive, affordable tax professionals available to them. Then, after they file, most people are left with a pleasant surprise - a load of cash that they would not otherwise have.
But what is there to do with this cash? Many people spend the money from their tax returns on things they’ll never end up using long-term - like impulse-bought clothing and dining out. However, AutoBank of Kansas City believes that there is a better way you can spend your money. Purchasing a buy here pay here car has multiple benefits and is a better way to use the money you get back each year.
The Best Reasons for Getting a Buy Here Pay Here Car
Everyone will have their reasons for getting a buy here pay here car. For many, it is to have a reliable means of transportation. However, you don’t have to be without a vehicle to consider getting a buy here pay here car.
- You can use it as a nest egg. Sure, a buy here pay here car won’t always go up in value. However, if you’re an amateur car enthusiast, you could stumble upon a classic car for a reasonable price at a buy here pay here establishment. Restore it for fun and watch its value increase over the years. In the future, you could likely sell it for an excellent ROI. You don’t have to just focus on classic cars, however. Buying an everyday driver and keeping it up is a great way to get a little extra cash down the line when you no longer need it.
- You can use it as a backup car or a family car. Most families have a hard time functioning as a one-car household. If you have teenagers who are coming up on their driving age, it might be useful to use your tax money to buy a car from a buy here pay here dealership. This ensures you’ll be able to purchase a vehicle for less while also ensuring it is as safe and reliable as possible.
- You can purchase a recreational car that does the things your daily driver doesn’t. Buying a car with taxes doesn’t always have to be about sensibility. Sometimes it is nice to splurge on yourself. Buy here pay here dealerships are a great place to purchase a recreational vehicle, like an SUV that you can modify for off-roading. If you maintain a car and upgrade it, you can also resell it in the future for as much - if not more - than what you bought it for.
- Don’t worry about renting a car or relying upon others when yours is in the shop. Having a backup vehicle is a great way to ensure you have a ride when your ride is unavailable. Renting a car costs a lot - why risk having to waste your money on a long-term rental when you can have one at your disposal whenever you need it?
- Rent it out when you’re not using it. Thanks to apps like Turo and others, you can use your car to make a little extra money - even when you’re not using it. Turo allows people to rent personal vehicles to others for less than traditional rental cars.
Why Should I Choose a Buy Here Pay Here Car Over Other Used Cars?
Maybe you’re sold on the idea of getting a used car. However, you might be asking yourself why buying from a buy here pay here dealership is the best option. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider buy here pay here over other secondhand car purchase options.
- Buy here pay here cars cost less and are more reliable than used cars from private dealers. You’ll likely be able to find a car for little money on private seller platforms. However, you can get better deals at companies who know what they are doing when they sell a used car. If you search for a used car in “good” condition online, you’re going to get a mixed bag of car types. Buy here pay here dealerships are consistent with their ratings because they use Kelley Blue Book Pricing. Because so many of them use Kelley Blue Book pricing, customers get the price they are expecting on cars more often.
- Buy here pay here cars often come with warranties. You will seldom run into a used car being sold secondhand by a private seller that still has a warranty on it. Buy here pay here cars, on the other hand, often come with warranties on things like service, specific parts, and more.
- You won’t need to do any big maintenance projects right off the bat. Most reputable buy here pay here dealerships either fix major car issues before selling the car, or they let customers know what problems exist with a vehicle. Either way, the choice is in your hands as a customer.
- You can finance in-house at most buy here pay here establishments, like AutoBank of Kansas City. You’re not likely to pay for an entire new-to-you car using just the money from your tax return alone, even if you’re looking at a used car. Luckily, buy here pay here cars allow you to make a sizeable down payment while also driving away with a new-to-you vehicle.
So, this tax season, invest in a way you won’t regret. Head down to one of AutoBank’s Kansas City locations and get started on an application for one of our buy here pay here cars. Too busy to make time for an in-person appointment? You can view our full inventory of vehicles online. You don’t even need to come into one of our locations to apply for financing. Click here to get started - that way, when your tax refund rolls in, you’ll be prepared.