Buy Here Pay Here Basics: What You Need To Know
Buy here pay here dealerships are gaining in popularity as more and more people discover the usefulness of this type of used car lot. Far from the sketchy used car dealerships of the past, buy here pay here car dealers are reputable, have a good inventory of cars to choose from, and provide a viable option for purchasing a used car for those people who have bad credit.
If you’re not familiar with the buy here pay here dealership basics, read on for more information. Auto Bank of Kansas City is one of the most reliable buy here pay here car lots in the Kansas City area. If you’ve been considering a used car purchase, this might be just the place you’ve been looking for.
Buy Here Pay Here Basics
Here’s a quick overview of the steps associated with buying a used car at a buy here pay here dealership.
- Visit the dealership and take a look at the inventory on hand. Most dealerships have a wide selection of reliable used cars. It’s not uncommon to find such models as Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Nissan, and Dodge at a buy here pay here car lot. While you’ll find several makes and models that are five years old or less, you’ll also have a choice of older cars - cars that are somewhere between 5 and 10 years old - which typically still have lots of life in them.
- Take a test drive. You won’t know if you like the car if you don’t drive it. Many buy here pay here dealers have multiple locations that make serving customers easier. In Kansas City, Independence, Gladstone, North Kansas City, and Wyandotte County, the place to check out used cars is Auto Bank of Kansas City. We have two convenient locations to serve the Kansas City metro area - one at 2000 E. Truman Road and the other at 6901 E. Front Street in Kansas City, MO. Both locations have an educated sales staff who can answer all your questions about the vehicle during the test drive.
- Get approved for the loan. Loan approval at a buy here pay here car lot is quick and easy. These dealerships handle all the paperwork for you, so you don’t have to spend time tracking down a bank that will make you a loan. Buy here pay here dealerships typically have more leeway in the loan approval process, making this a great option for those with bad credit. And most buy here pay here dealerships offer an online loan approval option. This means you can get prequalified and be ready to go once you get to the dealership.
- Set up payments. The dealership will work with you to set up a payment schedule that fits within your budget. You’ll have a variety of options for making your payment each month. Although these dealerships are always happy when you walk in and pay in person, Auto Bank of KC also offers autopay, phone, and email payment options so that customers can choose what’s most convenient for them.
- Drive off in your new car! Once you’ve completed the paperwork, made your down payment, and set up your payment schedule, you’re ready to drive off in your new car. Pretty simple!
A Few Points to Keep in Mind About Buy Here Pay Here Dealers
Good for those with bad credit. Buy here pay here dealers are an excellent choice for people who’ve had credit issues in the past, or who haven’t had a chance to establish any kind of credit record. Auto Bank has what we call “second chance” financing options, as well as a college student purchase program to help people get the transportation solution they need without the benefit of having a high credit score. Buy here pay here car lots are a great choice for people in this situation because the dealership doesn’t look at past credit history; we look at your current income and ability to pay. As long as you can provide verification of your income and prove that you can make your monthly payments, you should qualify.
Rebuilding credit-worthiness. Another benefit of buy here pay here car lots is that many of them report your good payment history to the credit bureaus, which actually helps you rebuild your credit score after a setback. This is a bonus that many people don’t know about, but it can help you immensely in the long run. If you have bad credit, a buy here pay here dealer is definitely worth checking out.
Quality Vehicles at an Affordable Price
You can rest assured that all the vehicles you find at a buy here pay here car lot like Auto Bank of KC have been thoroughly checked out by a trained mechanic prior to being put on the lot. All of Auto Bank’s used cars are checked for mechanical issues that might need to be fixed - belts and hoses tightened, rattles checked out, tires rotated and oil changed, etc. This ensures that you get a safe, reliable car that will get you where you’re going without any trouble. That’s important when you’re talking about buying a used car. A quality vehicle at an affordable price - what more could you want?
Start Shopping Today
Auto Bank of Kansas City has been serving the Kansas City area for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on making the car-buying process not just tolerable, but fun. Our simple one-stop shopping experience keeps customers coming back, and many customers have referred friends and family members to Auto Bank. If you still have questions about how a buy here pay here car dealership works, stop in and visit the used car experts at Auto Bank. We’ll be happy to help you pick out a used car that fits into your budget, and will walk you through the purchase process one step at a time. You’ll be back on the road before you know it!